It has been pretty clear to us now. When there’s a new Pokemon Game, a championship lurks around the corner.
The chanionship rules will go live on 4 January 2020, moving forward and be held at none other suited than the game theme, The United Kingdom. For Qualification requirements, click here.
Rules and regulations:
According to VGC. These are the rules below.
- “All battles will be Double Battles played in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield.
- Each player will need their own Nintendo Switch or Nintendo Switch Lite and a physical or digital version of Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield to compete.
- Pokémon will need to have the Galar symbol, showing they were caught in the Galar region.
- All Pokémon from the Galar Regional Pokédex will be permitted except for Mythical Pokémon and certain Legendary Pokémon.
- All Pokémon will be set to Lv. 50, including Pokémon below Lv. 50.
- Duplicate Pokémon will not be allowed.
- Duplicate held items will not be allowed.
- Each battle will begin with a 90-second Team Preview phase.
- Players will have 7 minutes of Your Time, 45 seconds of Move Time, and (now returning to the VGC) 15 minutes of Game Time in each battle.”
Good news to competitive players, you are allowed to compete with a Gigantamax Pokemon in your team. However there is only a selected handful:
- Charizard (only permitted with the Ability Blaze)
To all competitive players. Are you excited with the announcements? Share with us your thought.
More Gaming News Just Right Around the Avenue